The Price Is Right: Thoughts from across the world

This is principal Jennifer Price's installment of her column, The Price Is Right. A new column will be posted once every two weeks. The column will depict Price's thoughts on the upcoming weeks, as well as her experiences as principal.
This is principal Jennifer Price’s installment of her column, The Price Is Right. A new column will be posted once every two weeks. The column will depict Price’s thoughts on the upcoming weeks, as well as her experiences as principal.

by Jennifer Price
Greetings from Paris and Florence. I am here with the 16 French exchange students and the 18 Italian exchange students. These exchange programs are such amazing experiences, that I really wanted to come and see them in action. I really encourage all North students to consider participating in an exchange. But, do not just take my word for it. Here is what our students have to say about their experiences so far.
Senior Great Schnidler explained, “My Italian speaking skills have improved, and I already have made a lifelong friend in Florence.”
Junior Matt Rossi commented, “Getting to wake up in Italy every day is amazing.”
“I had high hopes, and it is even better than I expected,” remarked senior Alison Valley.
Sophomore Jessica Powers added, “You will do things and meet people that you will remember for the rest of your life.”
“I feel like Lizzie McGuire, for real though,” commented senior Madeline Murphy.
When I asked the students what advice they would give to any student considering an exchange, students on both exchanges responded with an emphatic “just do it!”
Senior Ellie Wenneker commented, “It is so different from anything that you will experience at home.”
Sophomore Chloe Amouyal added, “The key is not to hold back. Try and experience everything you can.”
Seniors Maliha Ali and Sydney Applebaum, and junior Jessica Lawless explained that it is hard at first, but is absolutely worth it.
Many students agreed with junior Antonia Bennington that they are so “grateful for the education they receive at North.”
Senior Vanessa Batista summed it all up by saying, “It is an experience of a lifetime.”