Girls' swim and dive off to strong start, optimistic about season

by Adam Rabinowitz
Girls’ swim and dive, 2-0, has had a promising start to the season, according to senior Lauren Moriarty, a captain with seniors Elizabeth Gibbs and Sophia Ly.
Although many of the team’s leaders graduated in 2015, “all of the new and returning swimmers are stepping right up,” Moriarty said.
According to Gibbs, the team has been showing great energy and enthusiasm through the first two meets.
Gibbs added that she is hoping for a solid and supportive team.
“The girls are all really great and fun to be around and I’m psyched for everyone to get to know each other,” she said.
Gibbs also said that the new swimmers “came in ready to work their hardest” and have been quite impressive thus far.
Moriarty echoed Gibbs’ sentiments, saying that all the new swimmers are “super enthusiastic and willing to help out in any way for the benefit of the team.”
Moriarty added that her goals for this season are “to build a tight team and develop a stronger team with both talented individuals and relay groups.”
She added that it would be great to go undefeated again, but right now the team’s goals are to give their best at every meet.
Gibbs said that the goals this year are “for the team to be as happy, healthy, and successful as it can be,” and that she wants everyone to feel comfortable all the time and to enjoy the season as much as possible.
The Tigers face Needham away tomorrow at 7.