Administration chooses student union design competition winner

[media-credit name=”Courtesy of Liran Bromberg” align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]

Sophomore Liran Bromberg’s design was selected by the SFA as the winner of the student union design competition.

by Amanda Hills

Sophomore Liran Bromberg’s design won the student union design competition.

English teacher and librarian Kevin McGrath noted that Bromberg’s design was chosen because it seated the right number of students, its furniture was cohesive with the library’s and it was practical for the custodians to clean.

In its last meeting, the Student Faculty Administration welcomed facilities operations manager Paul Anastasi, career and college counselor Sarah Hoffman and head of food services April Liles. Together with the SFA, they discussed how to proceed in executing Bromberg’s design.

The development of the student union has been allotted a $3,000 budget, but McGrath said he is confident that the SFA will be able to “supplement that with funding within the city.”

Four other students submitted designs. McGrath said that they will be entered into the Keys to Success program, which awards students for performing good deeds, and have also been invited to join the five-member team of students who will be involved in implementing the design.

All designs were judged by the SFA at last week’s meeting, according to McGrath.