Innovation Lab representatives present projects

[media-credit name=”Jordan Robins” align=”alignleft” width=”200″]innovation lab logo[/media-credit]

Representatives of the Innovation Lab will spread the word about its recent projects by giving presentations to officials from across the State.

by Amanda Hills
Students from the Innovation Lab will present the Lab’s latest projects and achievements to officials from across the State Thursday, Feb. 16, according to English teacher and chief innovation officer Stephen Chinosi. Presentations will take place in the Innovation Lab.

Among the attendees will be Massachusetts secretary of education Paul Reville and representatives from senator John Kerry’s office. Some of the Lab’s sponsors will also be at the event, such as Legal Seafoods, MIT and PTC, he said.

Students who have partaken in the Lab’s various projects will give the presentations, which will include Legacy Scholars, Newton Teachers Residency and the carpentry class. The event will also “highlight the work of the librarians as primary innovators,” Chinosi said.

“It’s a big showcase with the idea that Newton is the best place to test innovative curriculum,” he said. “We’ve done something that no one else has done. We’re a model of the State, and have done things that are translatable to schools all over.

“Newton’s stability empowers us to share that innovation with other schools without such a stable structure,” Chinosi said.