Inside the National Novel Writing Month

Untitled

by sophomore Eliana Gevelber
This is not a traditional novel; it is a series of poems inspired by experiences in the outdoors.

The Rise and Fall of Moonshine Magic

by sophomore Krista Sampson
A group of high school students start a band for a school project, and have a chance to perform at a restaurant as part of the assignment. At the restaurant, they are scouted by a top recording producer. The students skyrocket to fame and have the chance to live the life of stars, until the band falls after a terrible accident.

The Chronicles of Olivia

by sophomore Mikaela Scheff
Olivia is a young shape shifter who grows up in the happy, harmonious world of the shifter community. But her world is turned upside down when she is asked to rescue a young cat princess. When Olivia tries to free the princess, she is captured by an evil prince.

While You Were Sleeping

by sophomore Hannah Searles
The novel follows a boy and his sister and what happens in their dreams, which are very different from most people’s.

Awakening

by sophomore Chloe Trepanier
Celebrity Sarah Windsor goes to New York for a premiere of her new movie and meets an average girl named Jane. The two eventually become friends, but are both unhappy with their lives and are jealous of each other. Jane comes up with plan for her and Sarah to switch places for a month so she can see what it is like to live as an actress, and Sarah can learn to be a normal teenage girl.

Beat This Thing

by freshman Kerry Brock
Ann is a talented young hockey player. It seems that her dreams are coming true when her team qualifies for tournaments that will bring them farther than she has ever imagined. But Ann’s dream comes crashing down when she is diagnosed with leukemia. This is the story of her fight to get back on the ice.

—compiled by Julia Moss