History team qualifies for nationals

History team’s A and B team both qualified for the National History Bowl in their first year as a club.

North’s strong performances in competitions throughout the year allows them to compete against others from across the nation in Arlington, Virginia, April 26 to 28.

“My passion has always been history. It’s always been something I’ve loved for as long as  I remember, and putting it in an outlet where I can be competitive about it, and being in an outlet where other people are also competitive and passionate about it, that’s something I really enjoy,” said sophomore Skyler Bohnert, another captain of history team.

Bohnert, Tang, and sophomore, who are all captains founded History team in September of this school year.

“Last year Isaac Tang and I were really talking about establishing it, and it was really this September where we pushed forward and founded it,” Bohnert added.

Throughout the year, many members of the team have improved, according to Tang.

“At the beginning of the year, it was tough, and more often than not one person buzzed in every time,” Tang said. “Many of our members also didn’t have any experience in academic competitions.”

North also had four members qualify for nationals in the history bee, the individual portion of the competition, including Genis, Tang, and sophomores Aram Brunson and Aidin Kamali.