High School Quiz Show team wins first match

North’s High School Quiz Show team beat Belmont 705 to 265 Saturday, March 4 in the first round of competition.
With the win, North advances to the quarterfinals and will play next on Saturday, April 15.
“It was a great team win,” said history teacher Albert Cho, one of the team’s coaches. “Belmont was a great competitor, but we played really well.”
“We sort of crushed them,” said junior Max Teszler.
The show, which features high schools from all over Massachusetts competing to win the quiz show, is formatted in a playoff style bracket with three rounds and then a championship. North’s win in the first round advances them into the second round.
“It was my first time ever,” said senior Isabella Jackson-Saitz. “And I really enjoyed it.”
“Every member of the team has a great attitude,” said Cho. “They worked together really well through the entire season.”
The entire season of the show has already been played and filmed and is being released on television with the winner already decided, according to Teszler.
“I can’t say too much,” said Cho. “But it was a great time, and our team was really good. It was balanced well, so each of us had our own job.”
“One of the hardest parts of doing the show, aside from answering the actual questions, was learning to buzz in,” said Jackson-Saitz. “I was surprised, but there was a lot of learning how to play the game while it was going on.”
“I would say we were one of the best teams in the competition,” said Cho.