Boys' track continues undefeated streak

by Adam Rabinowitz

Boys’ track and field, 7-0, beat Weymouth 101-35 this Wednesday, finishing off yet another undefeated season, according to team manager Jared Perlo, a junior.

According to senior David Demarest, a captain with seniors David Oluwadara, Jonny Long, Ryan Lucken, and Carl Whitham, this meet was as good as they get.

“There was basically nothing that didn’t go well. Everyone was amped for a competitive meet and we took them down without a problem,” he said.

According to Oluwadara, this year went very well for them

“Our final score of the last meet was double Weymouth’s score. We took the league title, going undefeated for three years!” he said.

According to Oluwadara, many players have broken their personal best records and no team had come close to beating us.

Oluwadara also said that with the season over, the team is looking forward to a great postseason.

“On Saturday, May 11, we are going to the State Coaches meet, which will have a ton of competition for our individual athletes,” he said.

Oluwadara also said that they have a Division I Eastern Mass meet, in which they play to do well, but might have some competition

“We definitely plan on doing some damage at the Division I meet, but Lowell will provide extremely tough competition,” said Oluwadara.

Oluwadara also added that the top performers from that meet will proceed to the All States meet the following Saturday.