School Council conducts survey

by Samantha Libraty
For the past month, the School Council has been conducting a survey of this school’s community about this school’s strengths and weaknesses, according to parent Meryl Kessler, the School Council co-chair with seniors Madeline Cetlin and Allison Wu.
The School Council, a committee comprised of students, teachers and parents, advises principal Jennifer Price on topics pertaining to this school.
“The School Council decided to focus its efforts this year on the issue of communication,” Kessler said. “We decided that the first step would be to ask the school community to communicate with us.”
The survey asks what “community members think the school’s strengths and needs are, as well as to let us know how happy they are with the communication they receive from the school,” she said.
The survey is circulating on Facebook and on this school’s website. It will be open until Friday, she said.
When Price first came to this school five years ago, Price conducted a similar survey, Kessler said.
“This year’s survey is designed to identify current strengths and needs and to measure progress since the last survey,” Kessler added.
“We plan to decode the results to identify trends in the responses. The results will be made available to this school’s community, when we have collected all data,” Kessler said.