Nitrous Oxide hopes to showcase student talent in a night of sketch comedy

Instagram @theatreinknnhs

Nitrous Oxide guarantees laughs from the raw comedic talent of cast members. Directed by seniors Nate Reilly and Isabella Steenstrup, will take place on Feb. 14, 16, and 17 in the Little Theater. 

Entirely written and directed by students, this year’s sketch comedy will feature over 30 different skits, each a diverse product of the creative minds of the cast. A goal for the show has been to ensure a balanced distribution of roles, with no focus on any specific cast member. According to Steenstrup, every actor will have the opportunity to both star in skits and be in the background. 

Reilly added that the humor in the show this year is largely due to the wide range of skills the actors possess. As the show will feature a variety of media, including musical numbers and video sketches, the diversity of talent is important for the show to retain its comedy. Reilly said, “Every niche that could have been covered has been covered.”

“In previous years it has just been a showcase of sketches,” added Reilly, “but this year it is really a showcase of talent”.

For the directors, the most important thing in the show is that the audience members have fun watching it. 

“I think people are going to laugh a lot,” said Steenstrup. “We have worked really hard at making sure everyone will enjoy this show.”