Kindness club creates display promoting gratitude, thankfulness

Senior Zoe Kritzer and sophomore Vivian Kritzer organized a hand turkey display leading up to the Thanksgiving holiday break.

Jacob Zalis

North’s community shared what they were grateful for leading up to Thanksgiving break in a  display of hand turkeys on Main Street created by the Kindness Club Wednesday, Nov. 16.

“Something that gets a little bit lost in high school is just the wonder and funness and hilarity of being childlike in amazement and in gratitude,” said senior Zoe Kritzer, an officer of Kindness Club. “We thought it was a good way to set something up and have people do a stupid, silly little fun thing that brings back nostalgia and makes you appreciate the environment that you’re in.”

Kritzer and her sister and fellow officer, sophomore Vivian Kritzer, collected submissions from North’s community throughout lunches during f-block Tuesday, Nov. 15.

The Kritzers added that they were inspired by a similar display shared online by a kindergarten.

“We’re always looking to do Thanksgiving things,” said Zoe Kritzer. “Thanksgiving is our event, man. It’s all about gratitude.”

She added that one highlight of submissions was a pair of cutouts made by two friends who asked their hands to be posted together.

“I thought that was the cutest thing I had ever heard in my entire life,” said Zoe Kritzer. “That was a highlight because I was like ‘Oh, they really get the spirit of the activity.’”

Moving forward, the club plans to hold more events to encourage gratitude and a positive outlook. Following handing out warm Pop Tarts to freshman before the first day of school, Zoe Kritzer added that she hopes to do the same for students entering MCAS and AP exams.

Zoe Kritzer encouraged students to join Kindness Club, which meets during Tiger blocks in 468.