Preview: Art Morning to reveal student artwork

by Rose Bostwick
Paintings, drawings, ceramic pieces, and other artwork created by art students in the past year will cover Main Street and the art wing today from 7 to 9:30 a.m. for  “Art Morning,” North’s end of year student art exhibition.
“Art Morning is a chance for each and every art student to display what they have created,” said ceramics teacher Cindy Massoff. “It really shows how what the kids have done connects to each other.”
According to photography teacher Tom MacIntyre, every piece of artwork showcased is important to the show. “The point is to recognize the entire department, instead of just individual achievement.”
Art teacher Shannon Slattery had a similar opinion, saying that the show is special because it includes everybody in the art department.
“You see the full range of work from every single person taking an Art, Photo, or Ceramics class in any level,” Slattery said. “Kids are often surprised when their work is put all together because they get a sense of  how much work they really made.”
Junior Alex Hoffman, a ceramics major who has many pieces in the exhibition, called Art Morning “the one time of year we can show off the work we’ve done.”
Art Morning is open to the community. All classes are welcome, and refreshments will be available.