Seniors to compete for Mr. 015 title tonight

Senior Johnny Sullivan reenacting the dance from Napoleon Dynamite for his talent portion. Photo by Josh Shub-Seltzer

by Lucy Lu
Male students from the Class of 2015 will compete head-to-head in a light and entertaining beauty pageant tonight at 7:00 p.m. in the Little Theatre.
Mr. 015, a tradition that has lasted since Mr. 013, consists of runway sections where competitors model various fashions on the cat-walk, a talent portion, an interview-style “Q&A” hosted by senior Ethan Plotkin, and a dance-off in which contestants improvise routines one by one.
Competitors were selected through a vote on the class Facebook page, and the top ten were asked if they wanted to participate. The selected students feature Jelani Asim, Ben Bassett, Luke Fisher, Nkosi Grevious, Vikram Krishnamachari, Issac Landman, Tommy Mobley, Daniel Ruttenberg, Johnny Sullivan, and Alex Wei.
“Our goal for the event is to raise a small bit of money,”said senior Nathan Buchwald, class president. “But more importantly, we just want to host a fun night for the school to remember.”
Contestants are judged by a panel of faculty featuring English teacher Michelle Leong, history teachers Albert Cho and Anthony Patelis, and Beals House secretary Cheryl Stover. The judges will give scores from one to ten for each component of the competition, and the student with the highest score will be crowned Mr. 015.
Amidst the plethora of events, Buchwald looks forward to the talent portion of the competition the most. “We have some talented singers,” Buchwald said, “I’m looking forward to hearing them perform.”

Tickets are available for $5 today at all lunches.
Senior Jelani Asim answers questions from this year's host, senior Ethan Plotkin, during the Q&A portion. Photo by Josh Shub-Seltzer
Senior Jelani Asim answers questions from this year’s host, senior Ethan Plotkin, during the Q&A portion. Photo by Josh Shub-Seltzer