Juniors, seniors plan for the annual Halloween Bash

by Emily Moss

Juniors and seniors will attend the annual Halloween Bash, which will take place this Friday, from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.

Profits will be used to raise money for the Classes of 2014 and 2015, according to senior Emma Tavolieri, class president.  “The Bash will be an event where students can dance and socialize and really come together,” Tavolieri said.

Students will come to the event in costume, and junior Nathan Buchwald, class president, says that there may even be a costume contest at the dance, although it is “not definite.”

Tickets are being sold for $9 during third lunch, and class officers expect that about 400 students will come to the event.

“There will be a wide variety of people attending, so it is a great opportunity to go out and meet new people,” said Buchwald.  He also said he thinks this event will help bring together juniors and seniors, because there is often a “feeling of separation” between the two grades.

The class officers said that they have been working hard to advertise and plan for the dance, and, according to Tavolieri, officers will “design posters, sell tickets, go decoration shopping, and set up everything for the night.”

“I can’t wait,” Tavolieri said, “and I think students are getting pumped for it as well.”