PTSO to hold Just Think! exposition

Just Think[media-credit name=”Jordan Robbins” align=”alignnone” width=”300″]
by Connor Vasu

To address risky behaviors and promote healthy lifestyle decisions, this school’s PTSO will hold a Just Think: Teens Making Smart Choices Expo Tuesday, Jan. 29 from 5 to 7:30 p.m., according to parents Sally Brickell and Lynne LeBlanc, PTSO presidents. The expo is the second of this year’s Just Think! Teens Making Smart Choices series, and will be held throughout the school.

The expo is free and open to the public and will include dozens of booths “providing valuable information about everything from dating safety to relaxation to mental health,” according to Brickell and LeBlanc.

They also said there will be a “15-minute session with information about Driver’s Ed and about the In Control Driving crash prevention program.”

This school’s female a cappella group, Forte, and student jazz musicians will also perform.

They added, “The first 50 students who bring a parent or guardian to the expo will receive a goodie bag, and one student will win the use of principal Jennifer Price’s parking space at Newton North for a week.”

“We want teens and parents and guardians to be aware of the many resources that are available to Newton families and to get support for positive decisions that lead to a safe and fulfilling life. The goal is for teens and parents and guardians to learn, have fun and gain an increased sense of community,” said Brickell and LeBlanc.