Club special: Students share passions

by Gloria Li and Perrin Stein
Club Day is a time for students to showcase their passion for the clubs they lead. Through energy and excitement, students convey what makes the clubs they participate in special.
Officers of clubs reflect on how participating in clubs has shaped their high school experience.
Senior Maggie Amatucci said she began participating in Italian club when, as a freshman, she went to a meeting with a friend. “Italian club is the only club I have participated in because there is a great group of people involved, and I had a lot of fun, so I wanted to devote my time to it,” she said.
Senior Zach Rosenof devotes his time to the science team, to the tennis team and to the debate club. All three of these clubs have shaped his high school experience, he said.
In the debate club, Rosenof said he has “learned to think in a whole new and better way. By arguing both sides of each argument, I learn that no issues are black and white and that opinions mean nothing.”
Last year, juniors Paulina Rozenberg and Jenny Cronin started Fashion for a Cause. Through the club, Rozenberg said she is able to combine her interests. “I don’t think there is anything I love more than the art of fashion, except maybe being able to help others do something I love,” she said.
When she auditioned for Forté her freshman year, senior Katherine Swager said she had no idea that eventually she would become the director.
Swager said that through Forté, she has been able to improve her singing and make new friends. “It’s really nice to belong to something,” she said.
Through participation in clubs, students explore interests and discover new passions, which they showcase at Club Day.