Girls' tennis beats Walpole 5-0

[media-credit name=”Nina Kaplan” align=”alignright” width=”243″][/media-credit]

Senior Emily Chan, a captain with senior Katie Regan, practices on the tennis courts for an upcoming match.

by Ryan Condon
A 5-0 win over Walpole at home Friday gave girls’ tennis a record of 3-3 after an 0-3 start to the season, according to senior Emily Chan, a captain with senior Katie Regan.
The team had good doubles teamwork in the match, according to Chan. “We’ve been working hard on developing our doubles, and we had good matches, so they were working together really well,” she said.
The day was windy, according to Chan, but the team adjusted well. “We were able to adapt to the conditions and also to our opponents,” she said.
Chan said the team has been working on its volley and touch shots in practice.  She said the team has shown improvement over time in this area.
Freshman Sammy Marcus, who was the first single to finish her match, did exceptionally well, according to Chan. “This was Sammy’s third time doing singles, and she played her opponent and adapted well,” Chan said.
Today the team was scheduled to play Weymouth at home.  Weymouth is a team that Chan said the Tigers have a good history against. The team will compete against Milton Wednesday, a match Chan said will be close, but that she expects the team to win.
Friday the team will play at Needham, a team that Chan said is one of the best in the league. “The match against Needham will be one of the toughest all season, but if we practice hard, I know we can be competitive,” she said.