First round comes to a close with epic game 7, second round now underway in the NBA

by Blake Krantz
The first round of the NBA playoffs ended in dramatic fashion Saturday night, as the Los Angeles Clippers and superstar Chris Paul edged the defending champion San Antonio Spurs in game seven, 111-109.
Chris Paul strained his hamstring in the first quarter and left for the locker room, leaving Clippers fans everywhere holding their breath and shaking their heads in disbelief.
Somehow, Chris Paul came back in the second quarter, visibly injured but filling the beloved role of the star player fighting through the pain and “putting the team on his back.”
Paul finished with five three-pointers, in addition to many other big shots down the stretch, including the game-winner with one second left over the Spurs’ Tim Duncan.
The Second Round began in the three days thereafter, with the Clippers and Chicago Bulls up 1-0 on the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers, respectively. Additionally, the Atlanta Hawks and the Memphis Grizzlies tied their series’ last night at one game apiece.
Tonight, Lebron James and the Cavaliers will look to bounce back from a loss in game one against Chicago, a disappointment for Cleveland, who lost 99-92 to the Bulls Monday night.
The Cavaliers are playing short-handed, without forward Kevin Love, who left game four against the Celtics with a shoulder injury. Cleveland will also be missing J.R. Smith tonight due to a suspension.
The Rockets will also look to tie their series with Los Angeles at home tonight, led by runner-up MVP James Harden. Chris Paul’s status for tonight’s game two is uncertain.