Boys' Swim competes in Baystate meet

by Blake Krantz
Boys’ swim, 3-5, finished fifth out of seven teams at the Baystate meet Wednesday and Thursday, a “little bit of a disappointment” as the team “probably could have placed a little bit higher,” according to senior Jonah Pemstein, a captain with seniors Benjamin Cole and Bowen He.
Nonetheless, Pemstein stated that several Tigers had “great meets” and that the team performed roughly to the level that it expected to going into the league meet. Swimmers such as Cole, junior Josh Sims-Speyer and sophomores Joey Bedardi and Will Riley will be advancing to the Sectional meet Sunday, Feb. 14.
According to Cole, the Tigers had hoped to place third at Baystates, a meet that he described as a “great opportunity for several swimmers to reach personal records and experience a bigger meet and a championship.”
Cole also added that the team has achieved most of its goals this year overall and has a bright future, although this season was not perfect in hindsight.
“We have a pretty solid team unity,” he explained, with “a great group of underclassmen. Retrospectively, we could have focused more on technique, but what definitely improved was our cheering and general spirits throughout the meets, and this was something we emphasized and succeeded in.”