Preview: "Envirojam" raises money for the environment while displaying student talent

by Jessica Tharaud 

EnviroJam, an annual concert and fundraiser run by the Environment Club, will inform students about the environment and feature student performances. Doors will open at the little theater at 6:00 p.m. Friday, May 16 and the concert will begin at 7:00 p.m.

Before the show begins, students will learn about “opportunities to improve the environment,” according to senior Sophia Aronow, an officer in the club. There will be tables set out that host environmental groups, she added.

EnviroJam is “a student-run night of jams, concerts, and performances from our own talented students,” according to senior Sophia Aronow, an officer of the Environment Club.

The concert will include performances from student acts, notably improvisational comedy group Spontaneous Generation, the bands Toy Boat and Four Noble Truths, and a capella groups Northern Lights, Forte, and the Melocotones.

All proceeds from the show will be given to Green Decade Coalition, a local non-profit working towards “sustainable solutions to environmental problems,” according to the group’s website.

Senior Roz Aronow, an officer of the Environment Club, said that she is excited to support Green Decade, the performers, and to give students the opportunity to learn more about helping the environment through local businesses.

Tickets are $7 and at the door at sold at third lunch.