New faculty members bring experience, skills to school

compiled by Samantha Libraty

Chris Alberg

Chris Alberg

Spanish teacher

Background: Alberg received a master’s degree from Boston College in 1999. He worked at Walpole High School from 1998 to 2012.
Excited about . . . “everything about this school. The faculty are incredibly intelligent and the students are well rounded, bright and mature. The overall intellectual environment is nothing short of astounding.”
Brings to this school . . . “enthusiasm and the desire to learn along with my students, and hopefully a personal story that adds to the rich tapestry of experiences at this school.”
Fun fact(s): Alberg has two sons and has jumped out of a plane for charity.

Albert Cho

Albert Cho

History teacher
Background: Cho attended Tufts University where he received a bachelor’s degree in political science and a master’s in education. Cho is returning to this school after having several teaching jobs around the country, including being the history department chair at Rolling Hills Preparatory School in Long Beach, CA from 2009-2012.
Excited about . . . “the energy, the diversity of ideas and the people at this school.”
Brings to this school . . . “a lot of different experiences and roles to this school. I also bring a love of Friday Night Lights.”
Fun fact(s): Cho loves pugs and playing tennis.

Kathryn Codd

Kathryn Codd

History teacher
Background: Codd received a bachelor’s degree from Princeton in 1989. She also received a master’s in teaching from Tufts in 1994. She is returning to this school after teaching here from 1995 to 2006.
Excited about . . . “the energy of the students, and the dedication of the faculty and administration.”
Brings to this school . . . “a geeky love of history and a sense of humor. I really enjoy being part of the ‘NNHS family.’”
Fun fact(s): Last year, Codd and her family backpacked through Southeast Asia for two months. She also loves to speak Italian and loves all things having to do with Italy.

Nicole D’Aleo

Nicole D’Aleo

Italian teacher
Background: D’Aleo studied at Gettysburg College where she receive a bachelor’s in psychology. She also received a master’s in Italian studies from Boston College. She taught at Winchester High School from 2011 to 2012.
Excited about . . . “getting to know the students and becoming a part of such a welcoming and wonderful community.”
Brings to this school . . . “a passion for learning and for everything Italian.”

Tracy Isman

Tracy Isman

Math teacher
Background: Isman received a bachelor’s in mathematics and a bachelor’s in math education from Syracuse University in 2012. She has been a counselor at Meadowbrook Day Camp in Weston. Isman graduated from this school in 2007.
Excited about . . . “being back to the school I graduated from and to be working with the students and staff I admire. I am very proud to continue to be part of this community.”
Brings to this school . . . “youthful energy and excitement for math.”

Emma Lichtenstein

Emma Lichtenstein

Science teacher
Background: Lichtenstein attended Brown University where she received a bachelor’s in biology in 2003. She received a master’s in teaching from Simmons College and a master’s in international education from the SIT Graduate Institute. She previously worked at City on a Hill in Roxbury from 2007 to 2011. She also worked at Boston Green Academy from 2011 to 2012.
Excited about . . . “working with the friendly and engaged students and faculty at this school.”
Brings to this school . . . a “love of all things biology, and a lot of corny jokes.”

Tom MacIntyre

Tom MacIntyre

Photography/art teacher
Background: MacIntyre received a master’s in fine arts from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts/Tufts University in 2004. He was an adjunct professor at Tufts for high school programs. He was also the new media teacher at Littleton High School.
Excited about . . . “living in Newton and teaching in my community. I also look forward to biking to work.”
Brings to this school . . . “my knowledge of and passion for the arts. I am an artist connected to the arts community of Newton and Boston.”
Fun fact(s): MacIntyre has two sons who go to Newton Public Schools. He came to Boston from Colorado and is an avid snowboarder.

Abby McLaughlin

Abby McLaughlin

Behavior therapist
Background: McLaughlin received her master’s in education at Cambridge College this August. She previously worked at St. Francis Home in Boston from 2003 to 2010. She also worked in the Cambridge Public Schools from 2011 to 2012.
Excited about . . . “working with such dynamic and wonderful students. I am extremely excited to meet as many students as I can and will support every one as much as I can.”
Brings to this school . . . “energy, a positive attitude and compassion.”

David Meshovlam

David Meshovlam

Science teacher
Background: Meshovlam received a bachelor’s from Columbia University in 2000. He received a master’s in 2007 and is pursuing a doctorate from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Excited about . . . “the chance to interact and learn alongside students and staff. I’m very excited to be joining a vibrant and caring community.”
Brings to this school . . . “a love of learning and teaching, and a deep respect for science and its history.”
Fun fact(s): Meshovlam is a graduate of Brookline High School, where he also taught physics for three years.

Leigh Paris

Leigh Paris

Math teacher
Background: Paris attended Providence College where she received a bachelor’s in economics in 2008. She is currently pursuing a master’s in education at Boston College. Paris has been a teacher’s aid in the academic support program at this school, as well as being a long term substitute teacher.
Excited about . . .“the diverse group of personalities found in both the students and teachers. I look forward to attending the fabulous performances and sporting events.”
Brings to this school . . . “I am a graduate of this school and am excited to work at my alma mater.”
Fun fact(s): Paris currently coaches girls’ soccer.

Lynne Ruozzi

Lynne Ruozzi

Math teacher
Background: Ruozzi attended Saint Anselm College where she received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics in 2002. She also received a master’s in education from the University of Notre Dame in 2004. Ruozzi previously worked at Canton High School as a math teacher.
Excited about . . . “joining such a vibrant community. The reputation of this school in outstanding, and I’m looking forward to being a part of it.”
Brings to this school . . . “a love of teaching. It brings me great joy to do what I do. I also love sports, including soccer, basketball, cycling and yoga.”
Fun fact(s): Ruozzi has run four marathons and completed five sprint triathlons.

Jim Sautter

Jim Sautter

Culinary arts instructor
Background: Sautter attended the Culinary Institute of America and received an associate degree in 1989. He was the area manager for Gourmet Caterers in Boston from 2000 to 2012. He was also a culinary arts volunteer at Everett High School from 2011 to 2012.
Excited about . . . “joining a team with vast knowledge and experience, starting a brand new career as a teacher and working with students.”
Brings to this school . . . a “love of teaching and real world and technical experience.”

Kara Sheridan

Kara Sheridan

English teacher
Background: Sheridan received a bachelor’s from NYU. She also received a master’s in English and education from Simmons College. Last year, she interned at this school and worked with former housemaster James D’Orazio and English teachers Mike Fieleke and Annie Blais.
Excited about . . . “working with such amazing students and staff.”
Brings to this school . . . “an intense love of literature and a passion for working with students. I love writing creatively and reading student creative writing, too.”