Club hosts dance showcase to raise money for cancer research

[media-credit name=”Maliha Ali” align=”alignright” width=”190″][/media-credit]

Senior Hannah Stubblefield, an officer of the Team Pulling Against Cancer Togther with senior Danielle Wasson, is helping to organize a dance showcase.

by Amanda Hills

This school’s Team Pulling Against Cancer Together (Team P.A.C.T.) club will be hosting a dance showcase Friday, May 18 in the cafeteria to raise money for the American Cancer Society (ACS), according to senior Hanna Stubblefield-Tave, an officer with seniors Maura Quinn and Danielle Wasson.

Stubblefield-Tave said that all the money raised from ticket sales and the bake sales will go directly to ACS.

Auditions for the showcase will be Monday, April 2 and Monday, April 9 from 3:30 to 6 in the cafeteria. Stubblefield-Tave said that all students at this school are invited to audition.

At the auditions, students must perform dance numbers of their choice, either solo or in a group, and they must be the numbers that they would like to perform at the Showcase, according to Stubblefield-Tave. Stubblefield-Tave, Quinn and Wasson will select performers.

She said that there is no set number of people who will dance in the Showcase, so Team P.A.C.T. wants “as many people as possible to come and audition.”

Stubblefield-Tave also added that the Showcase will display the talent of students at this school who “can’t join the dance team or participate in musicals,” and this is an “opportunity to dance in front of their peers at school.”

Saturday, May 19, Team P.A.C.T. will be participating in the ACS’s Newton/Brookline Relay for Life, an overnight relay-style event in which members of each team take turns walking around the track. It will take place at Forte Field in Nonantum. Each team must strive to raise as much money as possible, and Stubblefield-Tave said that the money raised from the Showcase will be included in that day’s donation.